About SriperumbudurGarudalaya Express takes to the Sriperumbudur is an industrial town in Kanchipuram district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is located in proximity to Chennai. It is famous for being the birth place of Sri Ramanuja, one of the most prominent Hindu Vaishnava saints as well as the town where former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated in 1991. Since 2000, Sriperumbudur has seen rapid industrialization, attracting huge investments due to its proximity to Chennai port, infrastructure growth, establishment of STPIs and SEZs and availability of quality manpower.
Sriperumbudur Garudalaya Express is strategically placed on the Chennai-Bangalore highway, just about 40 kilometres from the city, and offers all facilities that the international industrial giants want for their business to operate in the country.
Old name of Sriperumbudur is Bhoodhapuri. It is believed that the doors of heaven will be open for those who die at Sriperumbudur.
Sriperumbudur Garudalaya Express is the birthplace of Sri Ramanuja, the Hindu Saint and philosopher well known for His role in the Vaishnavism sect. Sri Ramanujar is one of the foremost propounders of Sri Vaishnavism. Sri Ramanujar's Vigraha ( Divine Idol made of 5 metals including Gold, Silver, Bronze,...) was installed in this temple when His Holiness was alive. This idol is called 'Thamugantha Thirumani' ( The Idol was given by Sri Ramanujacharya Himself when He lived in this material world ). There is a strong belief and fact ofcourse, that if we drink Thirumanjana (Abiseka) milk of Sri Ramanujacharya , all sickness will be cured. Its believed that it should be the prime duty of every SriVaishnava (the follower of Sri Ramanujacharya) or the human being who have taken birth in this material world should get the shamashrayana ( the symbols of Disc and chanku (Counch (Panchajanya )) will be imprinted on the shoulders by an Aacharya or divine perceptor) as per the philosophical values of Sri Ramanujacharya to overcome this worldly birth and death cycle!.
Vallakottai Murugan temple, 9 km from Sriperumbudur, is known for the tallest Lord Murugan statue in India (9 m).
On 21 May 1991, Rajiv Gandhi, the then former Prime Minister of India was assassinated by a human bomb in Sriperumbudur. The government has converted the area into the Rajiv Gandhi Memorial.Another attraction is the "Madras Motor Sports Club" which organizes world class racing events every year at Irungattukotai near Sriperumbudur. Among the events conducted by the club are the South India Rally and the Al India Motor Race Meet. Federation Internationale de Motorcyclisme (FIM) and the Federation Internationale du Sport Automotive (FISA) have licensed to race up to formula III for cars and all classes of two-wheelers. The club also has a dirt track for auto cross events.
Book online bus tickets to Sriperumbudur By Garudalaya Express
About ErodeBook online bus tickets to Amingada By Garudalaya Express
Garudalaya Express takes you to the Erode is a city, an urban agglomeration, a municipal corporation and headquarters of the Erode district in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
It is situated at the center of the South Indian Peninsula, on the banks of the rivers Cauvery and Bhavani, between 11° 19.5" and 11° 81.05" North latitude and 77° 42.5" and 77° 44.5" East longitude. It is located on the Western Bank of the river Cauvery, while its Twin City, Pallipalayam, is on the Eastern Bank of the river.
According to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Erode is the fastest growing urban region in Tamil Nadu.
Erode is well known for handloom, powerloom textile products and readymade garments and hence it is called Loom City of India. Products such as cotton sarees, bed spreads, carpets, lungies, printed fabrics, towels, dhotis are marketed here in bulk. It has also been nicknamed as Manjal Maanagaram (Turmeric city) and Javuli nagaram (Textile city).
Tourism and Landmarks in Erode Garudalaya Express
1) Religious Places
* Fortified Temples at Erode Fort
The city is built around a demolished fort, which includes a temple for Arudra Kabaleeswar (Shiva) praising the Saiva concept and another for Kasthuri Ranganatha Perumal (Vishnu) praising the Vaishnava concept of Hinduism. The speciality is that both are in the same campus for unity.
* Thindal Murugan Temple
* Kongu Tirupati
* Perumal malai
* Natadreeswarar Temple - The hillock temple is situated in the middle of the river - middle not only breadth-wise but also length-wise at the center between Kudagu(origin) and Poompuhar(Bay of Bengal as destination).
* Bhavani-Sangameswarar Temple - Temple on island between River Cauvery and Bhavani, where both merges together with Lokabhavani, an invisible holy river. This place is called as Kooduthurai or Tiriveni of South, found with Sangameswarar Temple.
* Sivagiri, Erode
2) Churches in Erode Garudalaya Express
* CSI Brough Church - named after Brough, who developed the town near PS Park
* St. Mary's Cathedral - a Roman Catholic Church
* Lourde Matha Forane Church
* Carmel Church
3) Mosques in Erode Garudalaya Express
* Railway Colony Dargah near Bull-fight Circle
* Thirunagar Dargah
* Big Mosque - Jinna Jamia Masjid
* Jannadul Firdous Mosque - Karungalpalayam
* Big Mosque - BP Agraharam
Dawoodiya Arabic Mosque - BP Agraharam
4) Ancient monuments in Erode Garudalaya Express
* E.V.R Corporation Museum
* Thandhai Periyar - Arignar Anna Memorial
Thanthai Periyar Memorial House is a Sociological Museum, which depicts the life history of Thanthai periyar, the social reformer.
* Jain Temples - Vijayapuri and Aval Poondurai.
* Sankagiri Fort - Rock Fort on Sankari Hill with 14 circular Ramparts from the bottom to top of the hill in a concentric fashion - Armoury Ware House of Tipu Sultan for ancient Erode
Garudalaya Express takes you to the Erode and makes the journey comfortable.