About ErodeBook online bus tickets to Amingada By Garudalaya Express
Garudalaya Express takes you to the Erode is a city, an urban agglomeration, a municipal corporation and headquarters of the Erode district in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
It is situated at the center of the South Indian Peninsula, on the banks of the rivers Cauvery and Bhavani, between 11° 19.5" and 11° 81.05" North latitude and 77° 42.5" and 77° 44.5" East longitude. It is located on the Western Bank of the river Cauvery, while its Twin City, Pallipalayam, is on the Eastern Bank of the river.
According to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Erode is the fastest growing urban region in Tamil Nadu.
Erode is well known for handloom, powerloom textile products and readymade garments and hence it is called Loom City of India. Products such as cotton sarees, bed spreads, carpets, lungies, printed fabrics, towels, dhotis are marketed here in bulk. It has also been nicknamed as Manjal Maanagaram (Turmeric city) and Javuli nagaram (Textile city).
Tourism and Landmarks in Erode Garudalaya Express
1) Religious Places
* Fortified Temples at Erode Fort
The city is built around a demolished fort, which includes a temple for Arudra Kabaleeswar (Shiva) praising the Saiva concept and another for Kasthuri Ranganatha Perumal (Vishnu) praising the Vaishnava concept of Hinduism. The speciality is that both are in the same campus for unity.
* Thindal Murugan Temple
* Kongu Tirupati
* Perumal malai
* Natadreeswarar Temple - The hillock temple is situated in the middle of the river - middle not only breadth-wise but also length-wise at the center between Kudagu(origin) and Poompuhar(Bay of Bengal as destination).
* Bhavani-Sangameswarar Temple - Temple on island between River Cauvery and Bhavani, where both merges together with Lokabhavani, an invisible holy river. This place is called as Kooduthurai or Tiriveni of South, found with Sangameswarar Temple.
* Sivagiri, Erode
2) Churches in Erode Garudalaya Express
* CSI Brough Church - named after Brough, who developed the town near PS Park
* St. Mary's Cathedral - a Roman Catholic Church
* Lourde Matha Forane Church
* Carmel Church
3) Mosques in Erode Garudalaya Express
* Railway Colony Dargah near Bull-fight Circle
* Thirunagar Dargah
* Big Mosque - Jinna Jamia Masjid
* Jannadul Firdous Mosque - Karungalpalayam
* Big Mosque - BP Agraharam
Dawoodiya Arabic Mosque - BP Agraharam
4) Ancient monuments in Erode Garudalaya Express
* E.V.R Corporation Museum
* Thandhai Periyar - Arignar Anna Memorial
Thanthai Periyar Memorial House is a Sociological Museum, which depicts the life history of Thanthai periyar, the social reformer.
* Jain Temples - Vijayapuri and Aval Poondurai.
* Sankagiri Fort - Rock Fort on Sankari Hill with 14 circular Ramparts from the bottom to top of the hill in a concentric fashion - Armoury Ware House of Tipu Sultan for ancient Erode
Garudalaya Express takes you to the Erode and makes the journey comfortable.
About AmburGarudalaya Express takes you to the Ambur is a historical town and Taluk head quarters for Ambur Taluk in Vellore district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It is famous for its modern leather and shoe manufacturing industries. Ambur is also famous for "Biryani," a tasty rice dish; varieties of chicken dishes, etc. Desserts like Mutanjan, Gulab Jamun, Gajar Ka Halva after the feast have become popular since the reign of Nawaabs of Arcot (Aaru Kaadu which means river and forest in Tamil). People of Ambur are very traditional.
The Nageswaran Temple in Ambur is one of the famous temple which is believed to be one of the very oldest temple.In Tamil Nadu there are many Murugan temples located in the hills like Palani, Thiruthani, etc. The Murugan temple in Kailashagiri hill located near Ambur is one among them.The Jamia Masjid is the big Maczet in Ambur town. December 2009 celebrates the 258th Urus of the Great Saint Hazrat Ghaddam Shah Auliya outside the mosque complex.Ths Jamia Masjid, Small Masjid, Santhapet Masjid, Chowk Masjid, Khaderpet Masjid, NoorullahPet Masjid, Mohammed Pura Masjid, Mohideen Pura Masjid, Pudumanai Masjid, Neilfield Masjid and Kangartakiya Masjid are oldest Masjids in Ambur. The Ambur places can be visited through Garudalaya Express and it contains these places.
Ambur Garudalaya Express is well connected by road, on the Chennai- Bangalore National Expressway, and by bus on the Chennai-Jolarpettai line with a number of express/superfast trains to Chennai, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Mysore, Erode, etc.Ambur is a historical town, a municipality in Vellore district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It is famous for its Modern Leather and Leather Shoe manufacturing industries. Factories in Ambur manufacture shoes for world's leading footwear brand names like Florshiem, Lumberjack, Gabor, Clarks, Fretz Men, Coll Hann, Hi-Line, Hugo Boss, Marc, and many more. Hence, it is also known as a "Leather City." Some of the Indian big names that have setup manufacturing units here are Farida Shoes, SSC, NMZ, TAW, KAR,ESAAR, Florind, Floram, Bonaventure etc. These companies provide a major chunk of employement to the local people. Traders of supplying Shoe Material, Components and Chemicals to these companies have a huge business opportunities over here.
Ambur Garudalaya Express Municipality is situated in Vellore District under the control of Regional Director of Municipal Administration, Vellore. Ambur Municipality was upgraded from Town Panchayat to III Grade Municipality on 11.4.1948. Later Ambur Municipality was upgraded as II Grade Municipality, as per G.O.No.458 of R.D. & L.A. Department, dated 1.4.1973. Then after, Ambur Municipality was upgraded as I Grade Municipality, as per G.O. No. 85 of R.D.& L.A. Department, dated 22.5.1998 and the Municipality is functioning in the same grade till date.
Book online bus tickets to Ambur by Garudalaya Express